9 Most Frequently Asked Questions on PPC Campaigns Answered by a Google Partner
For any entrepreneurs out there looking to clarify a few things in regards to PPC Campaigns, check out our latest post. Here, we answer the top 9 questions many business owners ask before deciding to invest in PPC advertising.
Let’s dive straight in…
What are PPC campaigns?
PPC Campaigns are a form of digital advertising that indicates a distinctive pay-per-click structure. Advertisers can display their ads in search engines, websites, social media or in apps and are charged every time a user clicks on their ad.
PPC campaign means that advertisers will not be charged for ad impressions, in other words, when users see an ad but do not click on it.
PPC campaigns can be very effective as far as different business goals are concerned:
- drive traffic to the website
- improve brand’s online visibility
- play a key role in delivering leads and sales
How many types of PPC campaigns are there?
There are 3 key types of PPC campaigns which we categorise by channel on which the campaign is displayed:
- search engine ppc campaigns (Google, Bing)
- social media ppc campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- ppc campaigns for email inbox (Gmail )
Each ppc campaign type above has its unique set of features, and will also boast a great variety of ad formats. A few examples of different ad formats for ppc campaigns are:
- text ads, shopping ads, display ads, video ads on Google
- carousel ads, image ads, canvas ads, video ads on Facebook
- bumper ads or in-stream ads on YouTube
If you are looking to start a ppc campaign on one of the above channels, your chosen ppc professional should be able to guide you through all the nuances of choosing the right format and strategy for your business.
To get help from a PPC Expert, click here.
Where do PPC campaigns appear?
On Google, PPC campaigns in a form of text ad appear above the organic search results. Depending on the rank your ad achieves, text ad can also appear at the bottom of the search results page.
On Facebook, your ppc campaigns in a form of an image, carousel ad, or video ad can appear in a range of Facebook and Instagram placements like News Feeds, Stories, In-Stream (Before, Inside or After a Video), Instant Articles or Facebook Search Results.
On YouTube, your ppc campaigns will make it possible for ads to show next to other videos, in YouTube search results, or websites on the Google Display Network.
How are PPC Campaigns Structured?
PPC campaign structure largely depends on where you want your ppc ads to show, for example, on search results pages of search engines, on other websites or in apps.
Generally, the core structure of a ppc campaign consists of:
- Goals Objectives (Awareness, Reach, Conversions)
- Targeting (Demographics, Locations, Audience Interest)
- Time Schedule
- Subsets (for AB Testing)
At Minty Digital, we take care of all the planning and strategizing of your ppc campaigns to ensure maximum exposure and commercial impact. Talk to one of our advisors today. Simply Get in Touch Now
How to plan a PPC campaign?
Planning stage is the most important element that determines a failure or a success of ppc campaigns.
We know ppc ads are ready to launch into the digital universe, when we have:
- researched online demand for a product or service (keyword research)
- checked current market trends
- looked into direct competitors’ marketing strategies
- learnt about target audiences and their pain points
- aligned campaigns with the website’s key services (for service based businesses)
- prioritised top value products (for ecommerce)
- created compelling ads that highlight brand’s unique selling points
- optimised destination landing pages to support valuable objective
How to set up a PPC campaign?
To set up a ppc campaign on Google, you will first need to create a Google ads account. Once you have all the settings at account level sorted (which is your default country of advertising, currency, billing etc) you can go ahead and start creating your first ppc campaign on Google.
For text ads (ads that appear in Google search results pages) simply click on a + button and:
- choose your campaign Goal (sales, leads, website traffic, brand awareness, consideration or reach)
- select your campaign type – Search Campaign
- decide how you’d like to reach your goal (via website, phone calls, store visits)
- specify your campaign settings such as networks, language, locations, budgets, bidding, ad schedule
- click save and you are ready to insert your keywords into your first ad group, next
- write your first text ad
This is the very first step towards running a ppc campaign as a text ad on Google search results pages.
As setting up a ppc ad is relatively easy, managing and making it profitable can be a complex and time consuming task.
Many advertisers come to us with concerns about bidding strategies, ads showing for wrong keywords, or conversion tracking issues that often stop their campaigns from performing well.
At Minty Digital, we are an experienced team of ppc strategists who can identify any problems with your account and fix them quickly to prevent wasted spend and re-build your campaign structure for better results.
Contact us Today and let us know about your marketing challenge.
How to measure PPC campaign success?
There are a few metrics which we call key performance indicators (KPIs) that can be tracked to determine how successful a ppc campaign is. Firstly, decide which metrics matter to you the most. These can be:
- Impressions and Impression Share – if your goal is to increase online visibility of your brand
- Clicks – if you want to focus on driving website visits
- Conversions – if your focus is on valuable goal completions that you set before a campaign launch, for example:
- Web form submissions
- Email subscriptions
- Phone calls
Measuring any marketing campaign success comes hand in hand with a careful prior preparation and planning. From the initial idea, creative assets, through to the use of technology and final message – it all requires a significant level of strategic skill.